AVÈNE, A RICH HISTORY
Avène, at the heart of a natural park A rich history that began in a small village of Southern France. The lovely old village of Avène is located in the Orb valley, in the heart of the Haut-Languedoc Regional Park. Surrounded by nature, patients spend their time in a quiet, unspoiled environment. The climatic conditions provide a lush vegetation and under the Mediterranean and Atlantic influences, Avène enjoys a perfectly balanced climate with plenty of sunshine.
But let us start from the beginning…. Avène, a beautiful story
· 1736: It all started when the Marquis de Rocozel’s horse was healed; He was suffering from stubborn pruritus and was healed after a few swims…
That is how the soothing, anti-irritating properties of Avène Thermal Spring Water were discovered.
· 1743: The first patients arrive at the Orb Valley and the Sainte-Odile spring.
· 1871: America discovers the Avène Thermal Spring Water properties as they treat the burnt victims of the Great Chicago Fire.
· 1874: The Spring is declared to be of “Public Interest”.
· 1990: Renovation of the Hydrotherapy Center. Avène Dermatological Laboratories start.
· 1993 and 2003: Production plant expansion
· 2004: Hydrotherapy Center expansion.
· 2007: Avène Dermatological Laboratories consolidate their international leader position. Today, the
Avène Hydrotherapy Center attracts 2600 patients per year who benefit from excellent products available in France and in close to 100 countries.
AVÈNE THERMAL SPRING WATER
Avène Thermal Spring Water, a natural key ingredient. Unique and constant composition, the Avène Thermal Spring Water emerges from the ground at a rate of up to 70 000 liters per hour (18492 gallons). Following a journey of over 40 years, Avène Thermal Spring Water wells up, clear and pure, is collected and directed towards the production plant where the Avène Dermatological Laboratories products are manufactured. The water also goes to the Hydrotherapy Center to treat sensitive, intolerant, atopic and psoriasis-prone skin. Even though Avène Thermal Spring Water has yet to unveil all its secrets, most were uncovered in the past 30 years of research conducted by the Avène Dermatological Laboratories, part of the Pierre Fabre Group, and the numerous pharmacological and clinical studies. Avène Thermal Spring Water, naturally soothing, anti-irritating, is rich in components particularly recommended for the most sensitive skin.
· Low mineral composition 206 mg/l.
· Calcium/Magnesium bicarbonate profile (ratio Ca/Mg = 2).
· Rich in silica: 10.6 mg/l.
· Very rich in trace elements.
· Neutral pH: 7.5.